The purpose of Information Awareness Month (IAM) is to increase public awareness of information and its place in all aspects of daily life. Stay tuned for more information on which events will be hosted across Australia during May 2019.
The theme for 2019 is “Innovation with Information”
When: Wednesday 23rd May 2019, 09:00 – 16:30
Where: Renewables Innovation Hub, 19/23 Moore Street, Turner, Canberra
About the Workshop Day
Following on the successes of previous workshops, your Institute for Information Management is organising another opportunity for our members and supporters to meet and spend half of the day in learning, creative thinking and networking.
The focus for the IIM Workshop Day will be around the innovative approaches to design, develop and deploy and sustain the modern information management capabilities, solutions, projects and initiatives. We will touch on various hot topics in the information management sphere, but our time and energy will be aimed at improving the ways we go about implementing them.
Yaso Arumugam, CIO, National Archives of Australia: Dialogue with a CIO – Open Forum
Anne Lyons, Visiting Fellow – Cybersecurity, Australian Strategic Policy Institute – Protecting Identity of a Nation
Claude Colasante, AUSTRAC – Using Hackathons to Innovate
Vladimir Videnovic, IIM – Journey to Success – An approach to Developing an Information Management Capability
The core activity at the IIM Workshop Day will see you participating in an agile project that will design, develop and deliver a solution to one of the following business problems:
- Discussion paper that compares Agile vs Lean and Extreme approach to design, develop and implement an information management capability and provide recommendations
- Executive Dashboard that provides a workforce profile based on HR Data
- Citizen 360 – a citizen relationship management system that will provide a comprehensive profile of a citizen in order to improve the quality of government services
- A Digital Assistant that will assist citizens in finding the most appropriate service
- A modern Election Management system that will use digital technologies and services to capture and process data, prevent fraud and monitor election process in real-time
- Predict, Discover and Fight fraud and criminal activities using the art of intelligence based on emerging technologies and approaches, including Artificial Intelligence, Semantic Computing and Smart Devices
- A modern Digital Record Management solution that utilises Machine Learning and Semantic Computing to automate how government information is categorised, indexed, managed and disposed
- An International Visa Processing system that will enable Five Eyes countries to simplify and transform process to make it more responsive to the current economic, social and security needs
Registration Fees Membership Status Discount Registration Fee incl GST
Regular (non-member) 0% $550
Member of a partnering association 20% $440
IIM member 40% $330